Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's Lindsay

"Why are there so many songs about Rainbows, and what's on the other side?  Rainbows are visions, but only illusions.  Rainbows have nothing to hide."  --Rainbow Connection
Yup, that' her!


Well, tonight's the night!  The white-washing of another star begins.  Lindsay Lohan on Saturday Night Live is being touted as her nothing-short-of-amazing comeback.  The troubled starlet (I hate that word but it seems to fit her so well) has had her share of personal troubles over the last few years.  Drugs, arrests, parties, more drugs and arrests...  she has gone from teen queen to a major scream in a few short years. 

I'm not sure what people consider to be her "turn around" moment.  She's still dealing with the courts and probations, only a year ago she was being nasty in court, writing nasty notes on her fingernails to a judge or the press or just anyone who would pay attention to her.  She did a Playboy spread that was rumored to be so bad she had to reshoot it.  Was that the start of her "turn-around"?  I know nothing says "I've got my life together" like getting your decaying teeth capped and posing naked in a magazine.  I hear the shots were lovely, or tasteful, or just arty...  I don't really care.  That's what they say about all of the poses done by the already-famous.  If you are just a newbie off the street they can be sexy.  If you're Cindy Crawford they shoot you in black and white and say it's art.  I don't begrudge anyone for posing, might as well do it while they can air brush you sexy!  But I'm just not sure how that is supposed to begin your "comeback."  Lindsay's name is already pretty synonomous with parties, excess, and addiction.  What's nudity?  No big whoop!

I remember Lindsay as a child actress.  I used to watch Another World in high school and she was on it.  She was cute like most child actors.  As she grew, I think her parents were pretty heavy into making her a "star" and I suspect this is a lot of her problem now.  Bad parents can mess a kid up to no end.  I feel a little sorry for the kid she used to be. 

Lindsay, before the troubles, was a really good actress.  At least I thought so.  I've seen lots of her films.  "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen," "Herbie Fully Loaded," "The Parent Trap," "Mean Girls,"--all were cute and she was good.  I almost always sit down to watch at least part of "Freaky Friday" when it's on, it's one of those movies you catch on a Sunday afternoon and the next thing you know it's 2 hours later and you're all like, "Oh crap!  I forgot to go to church!"  Somewhere around the time "Prairie Home Companion" came out, Lindsay started to get more of a reputation for her off-set behavior and her on-set absences.  Then I began not to care about her films anymore and, eventually, just shunned anything she was in. 

Now, according to her anyway, she is more of a "homebody" (since, um, they MADE her be one with house arrest?) and we should trust her comeback.  As she tells this to Matt Lauer, all I can focus on is her bloated face and lips and the fact that she looks nothing like Lindsay Lohan!  It's like the plastic surgery gurus got ahold of her and did a really bad job on her face!  Unfortunately, just one more sign she is no where near the Zen version of herself.  I think she's just a desperate person who is lucky to know someone willing to give her a break on SNL.  I actually hope she does well.  I may watch, at least the first half.  I liked her on there years back when she hosted.  You know, back when the biggest question was why she was lying about getting implants!

No comments:

Post a Comment